At Flower Muse, we are passionate about flowers. In fact, we are beyond passionate about flowers. We work with amazing farms to grow incredible flower varieties and then ship these directly from the farm to your door. Our goal is to get the best flowers in the world into your hands so that you can enjoy them for as long as possible.
If you order bulk flowers from us (flowers which are not noted as being “bouquets” or “arrangements”), your flowers will arrive packed in bunches which can be cut and dropped into vase or other containers on their own or which can be combined with other flowers to make your own arrangements (see our Do It Yourself design section for ideas). If you order bouquets or arrangements from us, your flowers will also arrive in a box but will be bunched together with the arrangement you ordered. If you selected an arrangement with a vase, the vase will be included in the box. Flowers shipped directly from the farm may look different than you are expecting when you first take them out of the box. Don’t worry! They will look fantastic after you get them into water to hydrate them. Please see our Care and Handling section for more information on this.
Many people have asked us what we mean when we say the "best" flowers in the world. After all, they reason, aren't all red roses just like other red roses? Aren't all lilies pretty much the same? Beyond that, so many people have experiences of spending hundreds of dollars on flowers only to have them wither and die after a day or two. This just isn't right!
Many factors go into deciding which flowers are the "best", but here are those that we feel are most important:
- The specific variety of the flower. Did you know there are more than 50 varieties of red roses? Some varieties just don't perform as well as others and part of our commitment to you is that we will pick only the best varieties to offer to you, so that you don't have to worry about this. For example, for those of you that care, you will never see a red rose called "Classy" on our site because it just does not open well or have good vase life. However, you will find amazing new varieties like "Tinto" which are not widely available yet.
- The farm that grew the flower. Beyond having great agricultural and socially responsible practices (which all our farms do have), having the right process for caring for the flowers after they are harvested is critical. Scientists at UC Davis have postulated that as much as 50% of a flower's vase life is determined by how it is handled just after being harvested. Our partner farms have incredible post-harvest care.
- The age of the flower. Getting flowers into your hands as quickly as possible is key to longer vase life. Most flowers in the United States are brought into Miami by an importer, sold to a wholesaler, delivered to a retailer and, finally, placed in your hands. This process can take 12+ days to complete. A lot of people are talking about "farm direct" flowers these days. When we use this phrase, we really mean that the product travels from the farm to you directly. This does not mean that the product sits in a warehouse waiting for an order to come in like many "farm direct" companies out there. We're not knocking those companies that do this; it's just that we are very committed and passionate about working directly with farms.
- What matters to you. Everyone has certain things that they are looking for in products of any kind and flowers are no exception. We will do everything we can to make it easy for you to find exactly what you are looking for whether it be the size of the flower, the color, scent, etc.
Beyond just the quality of our flowers, we’re also very proud of the quality of our farms’ farming practices. All our partner farms adhere to the highest environmental and social standards, including but not limited to things like:
- Free onsite daycare and schooling for workers children
- Free onsite healthcare
- Free or subsidized meals
- Scholarships for workers and their families
- Environmental practices that exceed current US and EU standards, including the constant development of new sustainable methods of pest control and organic fertilizer development
- Water purification practices that are best-in-class
There are a small number of farms in the world that do not have good environmental and social practices, there are a large number which have good practices and there are a handful of farms which have exceptional practices. All our partners fall into this last category. It’s something that we take seriously and something that we are very proud of. If you have questions or would like to know more about these practices and programs, please don’t hesitate to email us.
We also offer free shipping on all orders, regardless of order size. The price you see is what you pay.
If you have any other questions about Flower Muse generally or about any of our products, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org